Everyone is once again welcome to drop in on classes at the Centre. Classes continue to be streamed online.
DECEMBER 2020 UPDATE: Additional restrictions limit our seating capacity to five people, so pre-registration is encouraged. Drop-ins are welcome if enough seats are available. We continue to offer all our classes and events online.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY IF YOU ATTEND ACTIVITIES AT THE CENTRE.
To provide a safe and hygienic environment at the Centre, strict protocol, in line with Alberta and Calgary regulations, must be observed:
- Wearing a mask is required in all indoor public spaces, including places of worship. (Potential exemptions are described here: COVID-19: Mask Requirements.)
- Do not come to the Centre if you are experiencing symptoms of cough, sore throat, fever, runny nose or congestion or difficulty breathing that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, such as allergies.
- Do not come to the Centre if you have had close contact with anyone with the above symptoms, or who was diagnosed with COVID 19 in the last 14 days. Close contact means that you live with the contact person who is sick or in isolation, or you have been within 2 metres of such a person for 15 minutes or more in the last 14 days, even if that person didn’t have symptoms at the time. The only exceptions are for those who are in front line service and always wear complete and appropriate personal protective equipment (gloves, mask, visor).
- People who have travelled internationally in the last 14 days are required to self-isolate by the Canadian government and so are also not eligible to come to the Centre.
- To maintain social distance, only 2 people at a time are allowed in the entrance lobby. Please patiently await your turn. Wear a mask when entering and leaving the centre.
- Sign-in is required and may be used in the case of an outbreak to investigate COVID contagion pathways.
- Immediately wash your hands in the washroom for 20 seconds with hot water and soap and dry with paper towel. Hand sanitizer is available if the washroom is occupied.
- Take one of the seats which are arranged for social distancing. Do not move the chair. Our space is arranged to accommodate 5 persons, correctly distanced, plus the assistant and teacher.
- Do not enter the kitchen, serving area or teacher room, except to go directly to the washroom.
- Please ask the assistant for a glass of water if needed. Filtered drinking water is provided, but only the designated class assistant may fill the glasses and return them to the kitchen after use.
- Maintain social distancing when leaving the Centre, taking turns in the reception area—only two people at a time.